Thursday, April 1, 2010

Soon-to-be UMKC Law Student

So, as I alluded to in a previous post, and as you may have heard me talk about before, I will be attending UMKC Law as a visiting student for my third (and final!!!) year.

The visiting student program is an AMAZING idea!! It's like transferring, in the sense that you can take up to a year's worth of classes at another university. But you still graduate from your original university (assuming you still meet all the graduation requirements of your original university), and it is so incredibly easy without any hassle (don't even have to apply, just have to get your dean to sign off on the classes you'd take). It's a brilliant idea, and so appropriate for graduate school. I'm pretty sure it's intended for people with spouses who may have job opportunities that take them to different cities and things along those lines, but I am thrilled thatI can take advantage of it so I can get the hell out of Jayhawk town. (On a side note (future blog post??), I was shocked and disappointed by the sheer number of people I encountered who were giddy and joyfull when K-State lost in the Elite 8.)

So anyway, as of May 6, 2010, I will no longer be a KU Law student (though I'll still graduate from KU in May 2011). Let me just say, I can not express in words how excited I am to get away from crimson and blue, chants of "Rock Chalk Jay-hawk," ridiculous sorority girls (RIDICULOUS!!! - coming from a former LA sorority girl, no less), and the whole never-ending Williams/Self debate.

Plus, at UMKC I get to take sports law courses (YAY!!!! no joke, by far the most exciting-sounding classes I could possibly ever take), though I didn't get into Seminar of Famous Trials (3 credit hours for learning about the Scopes Monkey trial, OJ trial, Lacy Peterson trial, etc. - way better than Federal Taxation of Business Enterprises and Corporate Organizations).

What does that mean for you??? You'll get to see my adorable face more!! (Lucky you!) I'll be living in KC, attending Wednesday night dinners, and though I'll still be working every Friday/Saturday night (the legal market sucks, as does the rest of the economy), I will be much more available and accessible, and I cannot describe how excited I am to see the faces of all my lovely friends again. It has been way too long! Love you all, miss you guys, and looking forward to seeing you on a more regular basis!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! So excited you started a blog! I agree that it's such a great way to keep in touch with people :) Can't wait to read more about your life and very excited you'll be in KC! So great!

    See you soon--and I promise there will be less wedding posts after next week to read on my blog. Haha

    ReplyDelete