Tuesday, December 7, 2010

let the feasting begin...

So I get home last night from a meeting, and what do I find....

Back up, reverse to the night before....

Nick and I are being lazy, watching TV, just ate an entire large pizza, and Nick says he has a sweet tooth. Now typically, I'm not really that big on sweets, but I go in phases and the last 4 or 5 months I have been craving anything with sugar non-stop.... like really, one day on a double at work, I went across the street to Price Chopper THREE TIMES to visit the cakes and pies section of the bakery.

(On a side note, been super obsessed with donuts lately too. Which is weird, because it all started the night I watched Monster about a week ago - w/Charlize Theron, great movie! - and we googled it to see what kind of prosethic makeup and such they used to make her look so unattractive. Turns out, she also gained 28 lbs, pretty much by living on Krispy Kreme. Disgusting, right? ... ummm.... apparently not, because ever since I have been jonesing for donuts... ate 4 yesterday... whoops)

Anyway, Nick wants cookies, and usually we have the premade cookie dough, precut into squares packages that you just pop on a cookie sheet and into the oven. Alas, we were out. So we decided to actually make them from scratch, and decided to spice it up a notch and make Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies. The recipe made a ton (4 cookie sheets full) and needless to say we had a bunch left over.

So after we had our fille, I put the rest in a big 10 x 8 airtight tupperware container, and left it sitting on the back of the counter in the kitchen.

.... fastforward to last night....

I get home from a meeting, greet the dogs and take them outside. It was cold, and they did their business quick, so I offered them a treat. Of course, their tails are wagging furiously and Reese has already started to drool at the sight of the treat. Then Wrigley gets up on her back legs and is pawing and licking at Reese's face, just to be sure he didn't leave any crumbs behind. You'd think they'd been starved.

Pat them on the head, good dogs, blah blah blah...

Walk into the kitchen to get a drink, and on the floor..... empty 10 x 8 tupperware. Not a crumb in sight. Apparently Reese must have stood up like a human and pawed them to the ground, where I'm sure my fat-ass puggle probably ate the majority of them. (She's a quarter of the size of Reese who weighs over 100lbs, but in the morning she'll bully him out of the way and eat all his food.)

Look back at dogs. Still wagging tails furiously.... though Wrigley does look a bit bloated.



So after reading Molly's post and hearing about Cesar's Way, pretty sure that's on top of my wish list for Christmas.

And a larger Santa outfit for Wrigley, because this is what I ordered, and pretty sure she'll no longer fit in a medium.

(Give me a break, the whole fam will be at my mom's for Christmas - we have to have a Santa.)

No comments:

Post a Comment